peaceweek against LGBTIQphobia
Action for Peace #87
PeaceWeek “Strengthening the youth response against LGBTIQphobia” is a space for international exchange where people from different countries have the opportunity to learn about this subject and share their own experiences.
The aim of the activity proposed is to strengthen the capacities of SCI and youth LGBTIQ+ organizations in order to contribute to more inclusive societies through the struggle for the rights of LGBTIQ+ people and the promotion of volunteering as a tool to erase hate speech towards LGBTIQ+ people. Goals:
- Get to know the realities of the different countries (institutional discriminations, violations of rights, LGBTIQ+ movement, resistance, alliances, asylum procedures).
- Create a safe space for the participants to strengthen their capacities.
- Exchange good practices.
- Get to know local projects.
- Promote volunteerism and active citizenship as tools of social transformation.
- Explore topics such as the connection between LGBTIQ+ communities and different groups/movements (feminists, sex workers, refugees/migrants).
- Explore the topics from a decolonial, anti racist perspective bringing to light different levels of discrimination and privileges.The proposed activity will be in the format of “Peaceweek”, a kind of work camp, where young people from all over the world will take part, but with a good part of the time dedicated to study and debate sessions.