Action for Peace #40
What is it about?
With this campaign, we wish to highlight the impact that COVID-19 had on society in relation to different gender realities. We believe that, when it comes to gender, there are various power structures that are deeply engraved into our mentality that eventually manifest through hate, violence and inequality. With this campaign we want to show how the measures taken to tackle this pandemic and the health crisis situation that derives from it strengthen and highlight those structures already present in our society. We believe that focusing on this topic and in general promoting gender equality is of great importance for a peaceful society.
The campaign will be launched on Saturday the 16th of May and will last 17 days. We will create content on 5 different topics:
• LGBTIQ+ people during lockdown
• Repression of Reproductive Rights
• Care Work at Home and at a professional sector
• Sex Workers
• Rising of gender-based violence during lockdown
To every topic we will dedicate 3 days:
1. introduction of the topic with a quiz
2. answers to the questions + more information
3. example of best practice/suggestion for action/ inspiration on the topic
Date: 16th of May until the 1st of June, 2020
Location: Online, Worldwide
Implemented by: Gender Blenders Working Group