Shaping Peace Together
Action for Peace #55
For the International Day of Peace, SCI Malaysia decided to invite people to an online forum and to hold a competitions with four categories.
Below, you can also find a series of activities that anyone was invited to do for peace. Let’s shape peace together!
IDEAS FOR COMMEMORATION
- Observe a minute of silence @ 12 noon: connect with the rest of the world
- Gather at the Peace Pole: read the UN Secretary General Speech
- Pledge to do 1 of the 99 ways to Peace: e.g. smile, plant a tree, …
- Make a Peace Flag / Paper Bird and hang the Peace Message
- Play a musical instrument: flute, sing-along a peace song, …
- Light a candle, do yoga, meditate, share a peace poem
- Host an International potluck buffet
- Donate to a peace NGO
- Walk barefooted, in silence, in a park, listen to the wind, birds…
- Paint a Peace Mural
- and more…you are our Peace Connector, Peace Ambassador!
Let’s hear young generation’s view on peace!
Opening speech: Datin Paduka – Dr. Mother A Mangalam
Keynote speaker: Professor Dato’ – Anwar Fazal
Moderator: Master Luventheran
Mr Affan Nasaruddin
Ms Sarah Lau
Mr Tangku Muhammad Amirul Tengku Abdul Razak
Four competitions took place, in the following categories:
- Short Film
- Tik Tok