‘Inspiration through lenses’
Action for Peace #42
From SCI International Secretariat we wanted to share the movies that inspired us to work for peace and the documentaries that moved us to be a better person in daily life.
In the year of our 100th anniversary, we were exploring deeply the values and motivations that move people to become activists for peace and that allow international huge peace movements to be created and to continue alive for decades. What is the emotion that inspires and moves all of us? What is the thought that encourages us to get the best version of ourselves?
For two months, we were watching a weekly film together on Facebook. The first SCI online Cine Festival included a total of eight cinema sessions that gave us bites of inspiration through the cameras.
These are the documentaries where we found some answers:
- “Escaping to love and to be”, live on 10th April 2020.
- “Volunteering vs Violence”, live on 17th April 2020.
- “Permaculture as a path to peace”, live on 24th April 2020.
- “PATH stories behind borders”, live on 1st May 2020.
- “A Route to Connect”, live on 8th May 2020.
- “Living Library“, live on 15th May 2020.
- “The cloud factory“, live on 22nd May 2020.
- “Intercultural Evening Bulgaria“, live on 29th May 2020.