SCI Peace Chats
Action for Peace #41
What is it about?
SCI Peace Chats was an online initiative by International Secretariat (IS) of SCI. Through Facebook LIVE, IS launched a series of video conversations focused on SCI vision of peace and volunteering, as a way to adapt its activity to the special situation of isolation and quarantine in many countries due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Part of SCI Peace chats were several figures of Service Civil International who are doing different things, but with the same goal, in different parts of the world. Some of the topics that were covered included:
– International or local volunteering? (Genti Behramaj, 2020 SCI volunteer in the International Secretariat and former GAIA Kosovo (SCI branch) volunteer).
– Projects to nourish a culture of peace (by Alena Čápová, current SCI Project Officer at IS of SCI).
– Working for Peace by bringing people together (Jeremy Flauraud, SCI volunteer in GAIA Kosovo).
– Let’s make SCI a gender utopia (Thomas Schallhart, Berlin-based SCI trainer and activist).
– Empowerment and cooperation projects for sustainable actions in voluntary sector (Julius Khamati Kuya, Team Leader, Microfinance & Entreprenuership Facilitator at Kipepeo Community Empowerment Program (partner organisation of SCI in Kenya).
– Why you should volunteer abroad with your child (Gośka Tur, SCI International President)
SCI Peace chats started on April 9th, 2020 and since then, they were organized weekly every Thursday at 18:00 until July. The chats were intended to be interactive, where viewers could ask questions and make comments while the speakers were live streaming.
Check the facebook page of Service Civil International for more information!